KU boasts a long line of academic excellence…
- 12-to-1 student to faculty ratio
- Nearly 200 fields of study in 13 professional schools
- Average ACT score for incoming freshmen: 24.7
- KU ranks in the top 50 public national universities for academic reputation, according to U.S. News & World Report
- KU has 58 nationally ranked graduate school programs according to the 2011 U.S. News & World Report. The city management/urban policy and special education programs both rank No. 1.
- The Fiske Guide to Colleges places KU among the nation’s top public institutions, and gives four out of a possible five stars for academic, social activities and quality of life.
Six Jayhawks were named to the Athletic Director’s Honor Roll in 2010-11.
Tania Jackson earned the Jayhawk Academic Pride award in 2010-11 while Krysten Boogaard was an Academic All-Big 12 Second Team selection.
Justin Mackey Academic Advisor Women’s Basketball 9th year at KU B.G.S. Comm. Studies from Kansas M.A. Comm. Studies from Kansas
Paul Buskirk Associate AD Student Support Services 19th year at KU B.A. Psychology from Kansas M.S. Education from Kansas
KU is committed to the success of the Student-Athlete
- Curriculum advisor within major
- Full-time advisor for student-athletes
- Degree and career counseling
- Strategic tutoring program
- Student-athlete advisory committee
- Computer lab for student-athletes
- Individual attention from coaching staff
- Strategic tutoring program with 65 tutors on staff
KU Women’s Basketball Academic All-Americans:
Every year, Kansas Athletics holds a Senior & Scholar-Athlete banquet to recognize the accomplishments of its student-athletes on and off the court. Kansas Athletics has allocated more than $1.7 million toward student-athlete support for the upcoming year. Since the 1990’s, Kansas has produced 114 Academic All-Americans in all sports.